Application Modernization & Innovation - .NET Developer - Specialist Senior
Help create new life for legacy information technology systems.
The Deloitte Application Modernization Team - specialists in converting legacy information technology systems to modern languages - is currently seeking Software Engineers with .Net as primary skill and preferably having knowledge of Java as secondary skill. This is an exciting opportunity to immerse yourself in one of the hottest areas in the market.
Work you'll do
• Write well-designed, efficient, and testable code
• Interact with other stakeholders not limited to end-user clients, Project Manager/Scrum master, Business Analysts, offshore development, testing and other cross-functional teams.
• Develop solutions following established technical design, application development standards and quality processes in projects
• Assess the impacts on technical design because of the changes in functional requirements.
• Perform independent code reviews and execute unit tests on modules developed by self and other junior team members on the project. A
Application Modernization & Innovation
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, Deloitte Application Modernization & Innovation consultants leverage the best of innovative technology, people, and delivery approaches to help our clients dream, explore, build, and optimize their future. The AMI practice delivers end-to-end technology solutions to enable and improve our clients' core business operations. AM&I is composed of three different areas- Service Delivery & Business Design, Application Modernization & Migration and Quality Engineering.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent working experience
• 6-10+ years of work experience with an object-oriented programming language
• Experience working as a programmer in .NET/C# and or Java. od2020
• Experience working with Cloud Service Providers, like AWS, Azure, and GCP
• Good knowledge of object-oriented design principles and software architectures
• Understanding of data structures and algorithms
• Enjoys coding for fun and enjoys demonstrating ideas or works in progress to other developer
• Comfortable researching and exploring the architecture of unfamiliar coding languages
• Experience in leveraging subject matter experts and other available resources in order to solve
• Knowledge of Unit testing and Test-Driven Development
• Good understanding of software build tools (Team Foundation Server, Ant, Maven)
• Demonstrated understanding of tool-based modernization, including code analysis, code conversion and automated testing tools
• Understanding of legacy mainframe coding languages
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.