M1A2 TRACK SPECIALIST/FSR (28634)
This position is the Subject Matter Expert oversight on all System of Systems repairs, inspections and the integration and implementation of advanced battle systems for all M1A2V2 and M1A2V3 Abrams Main Battle Tanks assigned to the Army Prepositioned Stocks Europe fleet. The Subject Matter Expert will perform and/or ensure that each system is precisely calibrated to secure the interoperability of the weapon system. The Field Service Representative must have experience in depot level repairs of M1A2, and field and sustainment repair of M1A2 equipment components. Resolves, or leads a task team to resolve technical or functional operation or repair issues affecting the application of armored weapon systems.
- Will be responsible for diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing all malfunctions on the various systems of the M1A2 to include but not limited to the Hull, Turret, communications, Blue Force Trackers, and possible future upgrades.
- Will prepare records of repairs/inspections/tests and makes them available to the Quality Assurance/Quality Control Departments.
- Verifies the procedures being used are adequate for the effective control of quality, rejects defective workmanship and materials, verifies and certifies the test results on supporting documents and provides clear guidance to adjust deficiencies.
- The FSR maintains cross-talk with Quality Assurance and Logistics Assistance Representatives and provides key insight to management of assets in maintenance and readiness.
- Expected to be a quality champion by promoting, teaching, and presenting quality as a means for product improvement and efficiency and in accordance with applicable Army Regulations and Technical Manuals.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation in conjunction with our customers guidance, Army Regulations 750-1, 750-8, and associated regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the contractual and corporate compliance of work performed as it relates to quality, must interact with customer and provide glide-path milestones for success.
- Should instill a safety first mentality within respective work areas and a culture that achieves low accident rates and minimal lost-time injuries.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet company goals and objectives.
- Will be expected to maintain a daily timesheet and daily manning report and ensuring times are accurate.
- Must be able to meet all installation access and security requirements.
Required Education and Experience:
- The following experience may be concurrent: A minimum of eleven (11) years of recent specialized experience inspecting and/or performing System of Systems maintenance on M1A2, M1A2V2, and M1A2V3. This will require expertise in diagnostic and troubleshooting malfunctions of all systems pertaining to the M1A2 to include:
- Hull system (at least 5 years experience)
- Turret system (at least 5 years experience)
- Honeywell AGT1500 gas turbine engine and Auxiliary Power Unit (at least 7 years experience)
- Allison DDA X-1100-3B four-speed Transmission (at least 7 years experience)
- Power-Pack system (at least 7 years experience)
- Suspension, steering, and hydraulic systems (at least 7 years experience)
- Line Replacement Units/Modules for weapon systems (at least 5 years experience). The Field Service Representative should be familiar with the following Line-Replacement Units/Modules repair and replace functions on the M1A2V3:
- Joint Tactical Radio System (at least 5 years experience)
- Current armor and armor upgrades (at least 7 years experience)
- Armaments (performs maintenance and on-board direct support) (at least 7 years experience)
- Counter Remote-Controlled Improvised Explosive Device Electronic Warfare Duke V3 Counter Remote-Controlled Improvised Explosive Device electronic warfare system (at least 3 years experience)
- M250 six-barreled smoke grenade dischargers (at least 5 years experience)
- Air-conditioning and cooling units (at least 7 years experience)
- Fire extinguisher/suppression systems (Fire Control System) (at least 7 years experience)
- Gas particulate systems (at least 7 years experience)
- Will have a thorough knowledge of the M1A2s digital electronics to include the complete command and control system that includes the Commanders Independent Thermal Viewer (CITV), the Under Armor Auxiliary Power Unit (UAAPU), Inter-Vehicle Information System (IVIS), and the Thermal Management System (TMS).
- This position requires a thorough knowledge of all special Test, Measurement, Diagnostic, and Equipment to complete work orders on M1A2, M1A2V2, and M1A2V3.
- Must be an expert in the evaluation and understanding of complex drawings, M1A2, M1A2V2, and M1A2V3 schematics, and technical manuals to support troubleshooting.
- Must possess the ability to prioritize, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and interact at all levels with customers and workforce.
- Required to provide the workforce with a teaching, coaching, and mentoring process.
- A valid US Driver’s License is required prior to deployment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have or be able to obtain a U.S. Passport
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- U.S. Army military experience as a 91A Abrams Tank System Maintainer is required. Former 91As with the rank of Sergeant First Class or Chief Warrant Officer 2 or above will be given special consideration.
- The M1A2 FSR will be used as the SME on future enhancements of the M1A2 to include the Abrams M1A2 System Enhanced Package V3/V4, the Trophy Active Protection System, and the Improved Forward-Looking Infrared target detectors.
- Must have organizational, analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Possess the ability to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- The individual must have proficiency with Microsoft Office Suitesand other software programs to assist with reporting requirements.