Project Specialist (Security) (28979)
Purpose: Perform diversified duties within assigned segment of Security Department, working in accordance with established procedures and general supervision. Duties involve knowledge of standard computer sofware applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to fulfill each essential duty
- Screening employee hiring packages for installation passes and Common Access Cards (CAC).
- Reports directly to the Program Security Manager for guidance and instructions on all task orders.
- Building installation pass applications.
- Works with Program Security Manager on completion of daily task orders.
- Building CAC and Foreign Identification Number (FIN) applications.
- Uploading employees in the Local National Screening Program (LNSP).
- Submitting all necessary paperwork for new employees to the Installation Access Control System (IACS) office or Defense Eligibility Enrollment System (DEERS) office.
- Scheduling appointments for IACs and DEERs and coordinating transportation for employees to go to
- their appointments.
- Producing Coleman Worksite base access badges for everyone on site.
- Monitoring expiration dates for passports, police checks, work, and residency permits. This includes monitoring installation pass and CAC expiration dates in order to inform supervisors about
documents about to expire.
- Informing supervisors about schedules for employees to get their needed passes.
- Submitting reports on a weekly basis.
- Inform base Director of Public Works about new hires, terminations, and resignations to include
- information on employees with new passes and badges.
- Maintain a daily timesheet and daily manning report and ensuring times are accurate.
- High School diploma with commercial/general background, and at least 3 years of job-related experience. Good oral and written communication skills; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
- Must be able to meet and maintain all base access security requirements.
- Must be able to meet and maintain all Logistic Information System (LIS) access requirements (Common Access Card).
- Must have a Secret Clearance
Language requirements: German & English
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills (including but not limited to correct English & preferable German usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, vocabulary, etc.)
- Be computer literate and skilled in using the Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, Power-Point, etc.)
- Applied physical security experience and/or knowledge of Army Security regulations.
- Must be able to qualify for and operate Government provided light vehicles to escort personnel or sensitive items.
1) License and Certifications:
Required upon hire: possession of a valid European Driver’s License, Class B Driver’s License
2) Physical demands:
This position is a typical shop environment with potential kneeling, standing, and walking hazards, occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
3) Work environment:
Constant mental alertness required, excellent planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines
How to apply
Submit your updated resume, stating the position applied for, by closing date per e-mail to: