Senior Claims Specialist, AL / GL (338314)
Senior Claims Specialist- Moderate to Complex AL/GL
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. Chubb is fundamentally committed to the creation of an inclusive, respectful and equitable workplace. Through our policies and practices for recruitment, development, retention and promotion, we seek a diverse workforce that is effective in our markets and communities and takes full advantage of the wide range of experiences and backgrounds provided. We view diversity as a key business driver that enables us to attract and retain the best talent, thereby enabling our high performance in any location.
This is a role focused on technical claim handling for Chubb insured’s nationwide. In this role you will manage complex general liability and automobile claims, both litigated and non-litigated. This role requires an individual to be accountable for the handling and disposition of claims including investigation, coverage determination, reserving, negotiation and settlement or trial strategies. This position will require some travel, as well as coordinating with and servicing both internal and external business partners. You will represent the company at meetings with management and business partners, as well as at mediations, arbitrations, settlement conferences and trials.
- Provides outstanding customer service and works well with the insured, broker and TPA in the adjustment of mainstream casualty, specialty risks, and business auto claims.
- Analyzes coverage and communicates coverage positions, as warranted, under direction of supervisor and coverage unit.
- Conducts, coordinates, and directs investigation into loss facts and extent of third-party damages.
- Directs and closely monitors assignments to experts and defense counsel.
- Evaluates information on coverage, liability, and damages to determine the extent of exposure to the insured and the company.
- Sets reserves within authority or makes claim recommendations concerning reserve changes to supervisor.
- Reports to reinsurers and facilitates the prompt collection of reinsurance on those matters where they are accountable.
Travels to conferences, mediations, and trials as necessary. Travel ranges from approximately 10% to 25%, but it could be more as dictated by business needs.