Systems Specialist - Data Governance ( 565242-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Corporate Systems Group has an opening for a Systems Specialist-Database Analysis responsible for facilitating Finance Master Data management to support our Reporting and Planning business teams. As a System Specialist, you will enforce best practice data governance guidelines to ensure consistent data elements across Verizon Finance and adherence to our policies and procedures.
The System Specialist works as a change control administrator partnering with our various business and technical data owners to ensure all master data is requested, evaluated, enriched, approved and validated before being replicated across our multiple financial platforms. This team member acts a liaison between the business teams we support and our own team who is responsible for creating and maintaining data across our ERP systems (primarily SAP systems) as well as our hierarchy maintenance application (Oracle DRM), which supports our downstream Reporting and Planning systems (PMR, Hyperion Planning, Essbase Reporting cubes). The System Specialist works primarily in Collibra, but has a good understanding of all of the tools used for our finance data management: SAP, MDG and DRM.
- Collaborating with business teams to ensure their data change requests follow all governance policies and are implemented in the systems when they are needed.
- Monitoring the performance of various business and technical teams to make sure steps in the data maintenance process are completed on time (request submissions, evaluation, enrichment, approvals and validation).
- Monitoring emergency requests and working with multiple business and technical teams to get requests approved and implemented quickly.
- Working with other IT teams to ensure data is replicated successfully to downstream systems.
- Working with business teams to verify all requests are completed, canceled or postponed to later periods.
- Conducting Finance Data Change Control Board meetings where requests are reviewed with impacted business and technical teams and questions can be raised before requests are approved for implementation.
- Providing meeting minutes from change control calls and following up with teams who are assigned related action items.
- Helping business teams when they have technical issues (e.g. submitting bulk load templates, pushing requests back in the status sequencing).
- Providing training and on demand education to data owners and stewards.
- Helping to remediate data issues.
What we’re looking for...
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with SAP & MDG.
- Experience with DRM and Essbase reporting applications.
Even better if you have:
- General Ledger & Financial Reporting knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks in timely manner to achieve deadlines.
- Ability to interface with multiple stakeholders across the business and IT.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational and communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft or Google products.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.