CS&AD Specialist Master (35121)
- Create design-led approaches to complex problems involving people, processes and systems
- Oversee the coordination of a multi-disciplinary team of researchers, designers, technologists and business experts in a way that leads to bold ideas and mission effectiveness as well as operational efficiency
- Design, plan and execute user research
- Collaborate with designers, strategists and technologists to turn insights from research into solutions to business and social challenges
- Synthesize and communicate research insights and findings in compelling and immersive ways, using a variety of mediums
- Craft compelling stories and visual models to communicate discoveries
- Support and lead client-facing conversations that may challenge established perspectives on processes, systems and customers
- Interpret client input and adjusting communication and narrative accordingly
- Lead the synthesis of multiple work streams into a coherent and powerful narrative about the future, often within a digital context
- Direct and produce tangible outputs at different stages of the design process, including personas, journey maps and service blueprints
- Work side-by-side with account leaders to set project direction and to identify new business opportunities direction and to identify new business opportunities
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
In Customer Strategy & Applied Design we elevate the Human Experience. We help clients and account teams design innovative services and human experiences. A few examples of how we achieve this is by conducting ethnographic research, service blueprinting, and surveying customer segmentations.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in a relevant field (business, design, consulting, strategy) with a minimum of 5 years work experience
- 4 or more years of experience in human centered design, service design, design research, business design, or customer experience projects
- 2+ years of Management Experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance as needed
- Travel up to 50%
- Previous Government Public Sector experience
- Experience in a traditional design discipline (Architecture, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design)
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.