OnSite Specialist, Columbus, Ohio (R451179)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Insert detailed job description here.
Who we want
Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes – finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
What you will do
OnSite Specialists facilitate maximum performance with workflow management options related to utilization, equipment uptime, staff engagement and patient safety.
With OnSite Services, dedicated Specialists manage and care for highly technical endoscopy equipment. Specialists understand the unique challenges faced by caregivers and are committed to helping ensure that hospital staff can focus on patient care. You will use a wide range of knowledge, technical skills and critical thinking to manage preoperative and postoperative equipment.
What you have
- Bachelor’s Degree, Associate’s Degree or equivalent certifications preferred.
- GED or High school Diploma Required.
- Ability to exert up to 50lbs of force occasionally and/or up to 20lbs of force to constantly move objects.
- SPD experience highly preferred. IAHCSMM certification ideal.
- Must be able to explain and generate detailed guidelines and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to use independent judgment and critical thinking effectively.
- Applicable for Specialists working in Sterile Processing Department: IAHCSMM CRCST Certification within 6 months of start date and on time yearly renewal.
- Ability to remain standing and/or walking for an extended period of time.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office, strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are essential.
- Maintain professional appearance, work ethic, and attitude required by Stryker and the medical facility.
- Adhere to (HIPAA) and other related patient confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Must have near visual acuity (corrected) color vision, mobility, bending, standing, stooping, and finger dexterity.
- Must be able to observe and correct minute inconsistencies (e.g. in the printed word, product appearance, etc.).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent equipment problem-solving skills.
Responsibilities and duties
- The ability to provide on-call services, as provides clinical surgical support by managing all relevant equipment.
- Is responsible for trouble-shooting and maintaining Stryker equipment and or other related devices.
- Manage and care for Customer’s equipment within the Sterile Processing Department (SPD)
- Perform the cleaning, maintenance, and assembly of reusable surgical instrumentation and equipment.
- Ensure surgeon’s equipment is clean, sterile, functioning properly, and ready for the next case.
- Maintains knowledge base of equipment and disposable products through Stryker education training programs.
- Provide physicians and OR personnel with information on new and current products.
- Must be able to accurately and honestly record and report data metrics related to all specific job functions on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date account information to ensure continuous high levels of service at the account.
- Accurately records and reports all surgical procedure information.
- Adheres to all Stryker and medical facility policies, standards and procedures.
- Must be able to analyze and resolve both routine and non-routine product issues expediently using independent judgement.
- The ability to provide on-call services, as required, by the medical facility
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.