Senior Market Intelligence Specialist-2 (R452385)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Who we want
- Hard-working winners. Confident, competitive and results-oriented professionals who create a track record of success.
- Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Effective communicators. People who can interpret information clearly and accurately to concisely communicate results and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
What you will do
- Understand the market positioning and strengths of key competitors
- Communicate market intelligence to the appropriate stakeholders
- Describe the basic offerings of a product line and their value to the customer
- Gather and apply market research in decision making
- Assist in the planning, design and implementation of a market research project
- Understand key products and services in the industry
- Research and collect product information, service information and marketing literature
- Understand and assist in development of an obsolescence plan
- Assist with researching new markets, opportunities and segments to support new product development
- Understand key marketing philosophies around product branding
- Identify key elements within a new product's Value Proposition that require evidence
- Utilize the appropriate commercialization plans to put in place to earn new customers or expand in current categories
- Know the market positioning and strengths of key competitors
- Understand the differences between customers; non-users, exclusive users, competitive users and multi-brand users
- Apply market data, use planning tools, and seek expert opinions when analyzing channel strategies
- Understand and describe the concepts and importance of sales forecasting
- Understand and assist in development of a product lifecycle management (PLCM) plan
- Research and apply internal and external data sources for developing pricing
- Utilize market data, planning tools, and expert resources to recommend marketing strategies
- Understand measurements of business performance and how to anticipate trends
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related discipline required
- 2+ years of work experience required
- 2+ years medical device or marketing experience preferred
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects while delivering on established timelines
- Ability to be persuasive in the absence of organizational authority
- Must be able to understand and work within complex interdivisional procedures and policies
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
What We Offer
- A winning team driven to achieve our mission and deliver remarkable results
- Quality products that improve the lives of customers and patients
- Ability to discover your strengths, follow your passion and own your own career
Learn more about Stryker:
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.