Senior Continuous Improvement Specialist (R449074)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Who we want-
- Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes – finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
- Meticulous documenters. Detail-oriented people who enjoy maintaining meticulous documentation of reports, metrics, proposals, and presentations.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
What you will do-
You will focus on continuous improvement of our Cary, IL facility and manufacturing operations. You will lead broad process improvement projects and provide coaching and training for the organization, as well as support sustaining Lean systems throughout the plant.
- Lead large scale and high impact process improvement projects
- Lead and facilitate continuous improvement events using Lean methodologies and tools with cross functional teams from inception through implementation of recommendations and solutions
- Perform audits and assessments of existing CI systems and structures
- Coach production personnel on Lean concepts and methods
- Interface with various company departments to identify improvement opportunities that deliver efficient processes throughout the business
- Document process changes and improvements to recognize and sustain gains
- Provide training in Lean tools and CI systems as part of deployment and sustainment activities
- Conduct time/motion studies, create value stream maps, establish production standards, and solve production issues
- Energize and guide problem solving teams
- Implement change management methods to support the Lean culture transformation
What you need-
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, supply chain, logistics, science, engineering, math, or related field required; industrial engineering concentration -highly preferred
- 2+ years of continuous improvement experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Demonstrated experience in change management required
- Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate cross-functional problem-solving teams required
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating training initiatives required
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio) required
- Demonstrated ability to lead process improvement projects from discovery to deployment -highly preferred
- Experience in statistical applications (Minitab or equivalent) -preferred
- Knowledge in evolving operational and process excellence (Lean, Six Sigma, Design Excellence, Standard work, PDCA, etc.) concepts and tools -preferred
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.