Premium Audit Technical Support Specialist 1 (336061)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
As a Premium Audit Reviewer, you will conduct quality reviews on General Liability and Workers Compensation audits. Policies often have multiple audit locations/states and multiple class codes. The Audit Reviewer will determine if the policy has been written correctly, identify classification issues, determine the impact of the exposure changes and recommend these changes to underwriting. The position will serve as an internal technical resource for underwriters; advising them on basic jurisdictional rules and classifications when writing the WC policy and ensure Bureau Regulatory compliance. The position will also serve as a technical resource to external agents and customers; responding to audit disputes and to questions regarding audit assignment, status and billing issues.
The Premium Audit Reviewer, will work remotely, and report to Phoenix, Arizona..
• Conduct quality reviews on Workers Compensation and General Liability audits.
• Answer phone calls on status requests, billing issues and audit disputes.
• Manage work queues to ensure timely and accurately handling of audit reviews.
• Collaborate with Underwriters and Field Auditors to support Chubb corporate goals.
Competencies / Technical Skills Required:
• Intermediate to advanced business and technical acumen with demonstrated ability to understand and apply independent and NCCI bureau regulations.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence others and reach consensus during difficult conversations regarding classification issues.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
• Demonstrated proficiency in using automated tools (i.e. rating/booking systems, Microsoft Excel, CUW, Premium Audit Systems), Audit Center resources, Branch/Underwriting Center contacts to achieve business results consistent with Chubb’s Premium Audit guidelines for workflow and documentation to meet internal and external compliance requirements.
• Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships to accomplish goals and support Chubb’s values.
• Ability to prioritize and execute work to meet or exceed internal and external customer requirements.
• Agility and ability to adapt to new ideas or changing procedures and situations.
• Knowledge of internal Chubb systems (such as Customarq, WCOOP, Policy Decisions, Policy View, Visual Audit, or CUW systems) and NCCI and Bureau workers compensation classification rules.
• High school degree or equivalent required. Some college or college degree a plus.
• 5+ years of Commercial Insurance experience; Premium Audit and audit review experience is highly desirable.
• Industry designation such as INS or APA desired.