Security Officer Access Control Specialist, Part Time: Monday-Friday 1330-1730 (30645)
Join our team of 500+ front-line security professionals ensuring that our nation’s most precious assets are protected. As a physical security specialist, you’ll be provided with exceptional training and growth opportunities while playing a critical role in the workplace and mission security for a US intelligence community customer.
- Are you Vigilant, Trustworthy, and Patient?
- Do you enjoy talking to people and educating them about policies and procedures?
- Are you willing to obtain and maintain an active Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility and polygraph?
- Do you live within a 45 mile radius of San Antonio, TX?
If this sounds like the right move for you, keep reading. These are the things we are looking for in our Security Officer Access Control Specialists!
What you’ll be doing:
- Your attention to detail pays off as you monitor and control the access of employees and visitors in and out of restricted areas by ensuring people have the proper identification.
- You are vigilant as you make sure that prohibited and restricted items do not find their way into or out of the building.
- You’re a patient and strong communicator as you give employees and visitors directions and provide excellent customer service.
- Security matters to you and building a career in the field is where you want to be.
What you’ll gain working with our teams:
- Outstanding experience in the security field
- Enhanced communication skills
- Compelling mission in protecting critical assets
- Learn valuable skills needed to build a career in security
IMPORTANT NOTE: Because we will be investing in you to obtain your clearance, a very powerful career asset, we ask that you only apply if you are willing to work with our program for a minimum of 1 (one) full year. Before you apply, please know and consider that in this role, you MUST be available and committed to meet shift requirements listed below. As much as we want to see you apply, we also don’t wish to waste anyone’s time. Please do not apply if you can’t commit to the year and the shift requirements.
What we're looking for:
- You MUST be able to work 1330-1730 Monday-Friday once you obtain your clearance; this work supports 24/7 operations and you may be assigned challenging shifts, but it will be worth it!
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license in good standing
- You have a High School diploma or GED.
- You’re a U.S. citizen.
- You currently live within a 45 mile radius of San Antonio, TX.
- You’re willing and excited to obtain and maintain an active Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility and polygraph.
- You are willing to commit one-year to the program.
- You read, speak, and understand the English language fluently.
- You are aware that your work location will be in a restricted mobile communication zone. You will need to be comfortable leaving your mobile device at home or in your car. Think of it as a daily detox.
In addition, there are some physical requirements for this job that we need to cover. These include:
- You need to be physically able to perform all duties and functions as specified.
- You need to see well and to prove it. So, you should have 20/20 vision (glasses and contacts count) and close vision correctable to Jaeger No. 4 type test for both eyes.
- You need to be free of color blindness.
- You should have normal fields of vision and good depth perception, as defined by the Snellen chart.
- You need to be able to have hearing which is correctable to normal level hearing with hearing aids. Normal hearing levels are demonstrated by a pure tone audiometry hearing level (HL) of 0 decibels (dB) or lower.
- You need to be able to stand continuously for 4 hours at a time.