OnSite Specialist - Santa Monica, CA (R451867)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
The following is not intended to represent an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities, but to outline the ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of the position.
Hiring for second shift: 2pm-10:30pm, M-F
- Provides clinical surgical support by managing all relevant equipment.
- Anticipates related device needs of the O.R. staff and surgeon during surgical procedures.
- Is responsible for trouble-shooting and maintaining Stryker equipment and or other related devices.
- Works with O.R. personnel, central processing, biomedical and all other related personnel.
- Maintains knowledge base of equipment and disposable products through Stryker education training programs
- Must be able to accurately and honestly record and report data metrics related to all specific job functions on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date account information to ensure continuous high levels of service at the account.
- Accurately records and reports all surgical procedure information.
- Adheres to all Stryker and medical facility policies, standards and procedures.
- Must be able to analyze and resolve both routine and non-routine product issues expediently using independent judgment.
- The ability to provide on-call services, as required, by the medical facility.
What you will do:
With OnSite Services, dedicated Specialists manage and care for Customer’s equipment. Specialists understand the unique challenges faced by caregivers and are committed to helping ensure that hospital staff can focus on patient care. When OnSite supports the sterile processing department, Specialists perform and participate in the cleaning and assembling of reusable surgical instrumentation and equipment. Efforts ensure surgeon’s equipment is clean, sterile and ready for the next case. Candidates can be looking to make a career in SPD.
Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes – finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
Data translators. Highly effective communicators who can transform data findings into recommendations to compose reports and executive level presentations.
Strategic thinkers. People who enjoy analyzing data or trends for the purposes of planning, forecasting, advising, budgeting, reporting, or sales opportunities.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
Customer Service Oriented. People who put the customer and their satisfaction above the needs of their own while maintaining professionalism.
What you need:
•Ability to exert up to 50lbs of force occasionally and/or up to 20lbs of force to constantly move objects.
•Ability to remain standing and/or walking for an extended period of time. Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office, strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are essential.
•Excellent time management skills with ability to use independent judgment and critical thinking effectively.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.