OnSite Specialist -- Alexandria, VA (R451623)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
This position requires knowledge that is acquired through experience, specialized education, or training. The role has clearly defined procedures and tasks as well as defined guidelines to aid in decision making. The job should possess a good knowledge and comprehensive understanding of the range of processes, procedures and systems to be used in carrying out assigned tasks and a basic understanding of the underlying concepts & principles upon which the job is based. The knowledge can be acquired through a combination of job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience. The job works within well-defined procedures that may involve a variety of work routines. This job typically requires a minimum of 3 or more years experience.
- Provides clinical surgical support by operating all Stryker Endoscopy equipment.
- Anticipates related device needs of the O.R. staff and surgeon during Endoscopic procedures.
- Is responsible for trouble-shooting and maintaining Stryker Endoscopy equipment.
- Works with surgeons, patients, O.R. personnel, central processing, biomedical and all other related personnel.
- Maintains knowledge base of equipment and disposable products.
- Assists the sales representative in providing physicians and OR personnel with information on new products.
- Accurately records and reports surgical procedure information for billing and invoice purposes.
- Adheres to hospital policies, standards and procedures.
- High School diploma required.
- Operating Room experience and demonstrated knowledge of anatomy, surgical procedures and techniques.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must be able to review printed materials.
- Must be able to communicate with large groups of people.
- Must be able to communicate telephonically.
- Must be able to use common office equipment (e.g. calculator, PC, fax machine, etc.).
- Must have near visual acuity (corrected) color vision, mobility, bending, standing, stooping, and finger dexterity.
- Must be able to generate and explain detailed forecasts, guidelines and procedures.
- Must be able to analyze and resolve non-routine product issues using independent judgment.
- Must be able to observe and correct minute inconsistencies (e.g. in the printed word, product appearance, etc.).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent equipment problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Has professional work ethic and attitude.
- Respects patient confidentiality.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.