Manufacturing Equipment Technician (R452035)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
The Manufacturing Equipment Technician will support advanced operations and - new products manufacturing development, global quality operations and factory service. This role will be responsible to perform diagnosis, maintenance, repairs, and enhancements to production and repair equipment.
WHO WE WANT:
- Collaborators - Partners who listen, share thoughts and work together to build and leverage relationships in order to meet project goals.
- Problem Solvers - Critical thinkers who are motivated to solve challenging problems.
- Dedicated Achievers - Those who aspire for excellence in a fast-paced environment and take ownership of their work.
- Customer - focused - Employees who can partner with our customers to drive purposeful innovation, resulting in best-in-class products.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
As the Manufacturing Equipment Technician, you will execute assigned deliverables with an emphasis on complex automated manufacturing equipment, tools, fixtures, maintenance procedures, calibration, modifications to existing tools, diagnosis, and repairs.
This role has technical responsibility for a variety of NPD projects and day-to-day tasks within manufacturing and factory service operations.
- Performs electrical and mechanical troubleshooting on non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment with PLC, pneumatics, and sensors used in the manufacturing process and factory service.
- Responsible for executing calibration and preventive maintenance procedures for the site.
- Recommends and leads improvements to preventive maintenance programs for the site.
- Dismantles, adjusts, repairs, and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, schematics, or drawings.
- Uses test and diagnostic equipment to perform checkouts.
- Rebuilds manufacturing and service equipment as required.
- May perform equipment modifications as directed by manufacturing and factory service engineers.
- Performs technical evaluations of events to determine root cause, recommends and execute corrective actions.
- Responsible for managing and tracking spare parts, tools, and equipment to ensure safe and reliable operation.
- Provides input to engineers on workstation design, tool development, and ergonomics.
- Leads continuous improvement activities surrounding manufacturing equipment to reduce downtime, improve quality, cost, and productivity.
- Support 6S program in manufacturing, factory service and equipment support areas (spare parts room).
- Work closely with other teams to build and maintain manufacturing and factory service infrastructure.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Associate Degree, Trade School Diploma or relevant technical degree combined with experience required. (Mechanical, Electrical, Electro-mechanical with PLC).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a regulated industry with demonstrated success working with automated equipment, programmable logic controllers, human machine interfaces, pneumatic actuation, wide range of sensing technologies, mechanical and electrical components, and instrumentation.
- Medical Device, Aerospace, Automotive or Original Equipment Manufacturing experience within a manufacturing environment with complex assembly highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and adherence to equipment control procedures in a regulated production and service environments.
- Able to communicate with cross functional teams with a high degree of professionalism.
- Capable of managing changing priorities and support multiple organizations effectively.
- Demonstrated experience in new product development and operations environment with understanding of assembled and tested products highly preferred.
- Experience with medical capital equipment highly preferred.
- Experience in computerized maintenance management systems for industrial equipment (i.e. Indysoft, Mainsaver).
- Ability to adequately track, monitor, document and prioritize equipment maintenance and repair work orders and generate reports used for engineering analysis.
- Fluent with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.