Safety Specialist (30801)
Responsible for the management and administration of safety field operations and programs to ensure a safe and compliant work environment to include modification of safety-related activities and plans to specific contracts in compliance with federal, state and local regulatory requirements. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Develop and maintain applicable safety and health procedures and practices in compliance with corporate, state, federal and local regulations and contract requirements.
- Promote the implementation of occupational safety programs, procedures and activities.
- Promote the current OSHA compliant culture throughout the organization.
- Facilitate safety process development, implementation, and compliance of all subcontracts.
- Manage safety audit program for field and construction locations to ensure compliance with various contractual, regulatory and company requirements.
- Participate and support integration at the site level to address site-related safety, quality, health and welfare to include environmental concerns.
- Provide guidance to managers and supervisors to assist in the interpretation and compliance of safety and health-related contract requirements.
- Coordinate field investigations for injury, property damage and vehicle incidents to ensure thorough investigations and appropriate root cause identification.
- Conduct special evaluations and internal safety and health field surveys/audits. Compile reports and findings of surveys and audits for review and makes corrective action recommendations and tracks to closure as required.
- Manage field and construction safety operations.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years experience. Must have completed the 30 hour OSHA general industry class.
- Hold a certification as practitioner from a nationally accredited certification body such as the Board Certified Safety Professionals, American Board of Industrial Hygiene, or equivalent.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain appropriate security clearance for access to Depot Production Computer System.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment government background check and drug screen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card (CAC).
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Familiarity with common business computer software applications is expected. Additional certification/accreditation (CIH, CSP, etc.) in the safety field is desirable.
Work on this contract is performed at the Red River Army Depot. Access to the Depot requires all covered individuals to be registered with the United States Selective Service.
For more specific information on registering, please visit: http://www.sss.gov