Senior Specialist - CBO/OT - B&CM - Payments (39990)
- Function as integrators between business needs and technology solutions, helping to create solutions to meet clients' business needs.
- Identifying business requirements, requirements management, functional design, prototyping, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), testing, training, defining support procedures and supporting implementations as well as integrations.
- Participate in setting engagement objectives and scope.
- Develop work plans for components of an engagement.
- Coordinate activities between work streams.
- Provide guidance to junior practitioners as they manage large, confidential and complex data sets.
- Facilitate client interviews and client meetings.
- Develop process flows depicting pain points in the business process.
- Conduct detailed analyses to draw conclusions and develop pertinent and insightful recommendations.
- Design deliverable content to reflect the engagement contract.
- Present findings and recommendations to client leadership.
- Mentor junior staff.
Operations Transformation Team
Our Operations Transformation team focuses on transforming our clients' core business operations. We advise, design, implement, and deploy solutions focused on "heart of the business" issues in specific sectors. Sectors and focus prioritized for this role are Payments related consulting services in retail and consumer products, travel and hospitality. We also perform services within Healthcare and Energy and Resources. Our Market Offerings include Operating Model Transformation and Center for Process Bionics.
Our clients seek a fresh perspective on how to create a flexible, innovative business model supported by a strong operations foundation. Professionals will use their deep payments as well as sector knowledge and technical business operations consulting experience to take a more strategic view of our clients' priorities, helping them to prepare for growth, embrace the digital agenda and maximize operational efficiency in payments (credit, debit, ACH, Check, P2P, RTP, etc).
- 6+ years of strategy and/or operations transformation experience at a top-tier consulting firm OR a financial services institution
- 6 years of experience across several payment methods including debit, credit, ACH, check, wire and RTP.
- 6 years of deep payments content experience across the payments processing, acquiring, and gateway sectors of the industry.
- Experience leading smaller engagements or components of large, complex strategy and/or operations transformation engagements
- Experience identifying client business issues, owning responsibility for the quality of deliverables, managing stakeholder relationships, and developing persuasive recommendations
- Track record of collaborating with financial services industry senior executives, and comfort delivering presentations to management
- Track record of building strong client relationships at large organizations, and identifying potential opportunities for business development
- Experience developing and presenting proposal responses
- Exceptional quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills, with high capacity for solving business problems with incomplete information
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing (e.g., MS PowerPoint)
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
- Bachelor's degree
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Advanced degree (e.g., MBA, PhD)
- Possesses and demonstrates a passion for selling and delivering payments projects at FIs, providers and users (merchants and corporates) of payments products across industries, including payments issuing, processing, acquiring, and switching (networks).
- Has demonstrated eminence including formal publishing, presenting and blogging about payments.
- Has a strong understanding of the current trends, regulations, challenges, opportunity and competition across the payments value chain.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.