Equipment Engineer ( 572649-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Perform detailed equipment engineering and project management for the Verizon Domestic US IP networks, including the Edge Network, Public, Private and Internal management Core networks. You will engineer and manage the creation of Detail Engineering Designs for technologies associated with Verizon’s Core IP networks including: Multi-Service Edge (MSE), Core, Transit Label and gateway routers; core network Ethernet switches & servers, and the supporting host of network ancillary and infrastructure equipment. You will provide leadership to a small contractor team responsible for engineering de-installs, and lead special projects.
- Provide leadership to a sub-team of contractors.
- Engineer detailed, often complex, technical instructions (I-SPECs) for new and existing technologies and order equipment/cables/hardware.
- Coordinate/project manage project specific installation designs and physical installations.
- Engineer/manage database (ICON, CoFEE, etc) updates, equipment configurations, card/port assignments/requirements, power mapping, cable running lists, floor space and rack placement, and detailed Bill of Material (BOM).
- Interface with Operations and other Implementation organizations to obtain critical pre-engineering information, site specific data as well as redlines and other end of job information.
- Ensure that all engineering documentation (including ICON, Venue and CoFEE) is accurate and up-to-date for use by Install, Test, Implementation, Operations, Provisioning, Planning, Network Capacity Management, and Audit groups.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in area of engineering or other technical discipline or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of telecom networks and related equipment.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in engineering or other technical disciplines.
- Excellent Excel, Word and other MS application skills.
- Experience in telecom with equipment engineering experience.
- Knowledge of telecom networks and related equipment..
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.