PMO Tax Transformation - Specialist Leader (40936)
- Collaborating with workstream leaders to ensure development of project plan and charter.
- Influencing and leading international, cross-functional teams/projects.
- Coordinating with workstream teams on milestones and dependencies to monitor and measure progress against projected versus actual plan, delivering program milestones, and tracking against KPIs.
- Evaluating and advising on program risks/issue and managing escalation/resolution.
- Preparing program monitoring and reporting deliverables and providing insight into progress.
- Coordinating communications across relevant stakeholder groups.
- Attending workstream meetings and establishing individual workstream leader meetings as needed.
- Assembling project updates and preparing presentations for program leadership.
- Engaging project teams and communicating with experts as required.
- Utilizing tools and techniques to measure progress and identify early-warning measures to help leadership know if something is going off-plan.
- Participating in risk management activities and using basic risk management techniques for tracking and minimizing potential risks.
- Tracking and logging risks or issues and monitoring progress towards resolution.
- Documenting action items during team calls, tracking them, and following up for status updates.
Deloitte Tax LLP's Tax Transformation Office (TTO) is responsible for the design, development, and deployment of innovative, enterprise technology, tools, and standard processes to support the delivery of tax services. The TTO team focuses on enhancing Deloitte Tax LLP's ability to deliver comprehensive, value-added, and efficient tax services to our clients. It is a dynamic team with professionals of varying backgrounds from tax technical, technology development, change management, Six Sigma, and project management. The team consults and executes on a wide range of initiatives involving process and tool development and implementation including training development, engagement management, tool design, and implementation.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline
- CPA or other appropriate certification (either in process or either able/willing to obtain)
- 4+ years' experience leading project management teams, ideally in a professional services environment, with a focus on strategy implementation, business transformation, and project management
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong listening, interpersonal, and facilitation skills
- Quick learner with the ability to develop polished presentations, talking points, and content
- Able to interact effectively with professionals at all levels and communicate recommendations
- Demonstrated experience working with and influencing as part of a team
- Motivated, resourceful, and dependable
- Well organized with the ability to multitask and prioritize multiple, ongoing projects
- Able to respond quickly to high-priority deadlines with little lead-time and adaptable to direction changes
- Knowledge of risk management and tracking techniques
- Limited Sponsorship - Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Experience with Wrike
- Previous tax experience
- Intermediate skills with Excel, Microsoft Project, and/or SharePoint technologies