Senior Claim Specialist (338764)
Chubb is looking for an experienced Outside Property Claims Field Adjuster in New Jersey. The position will primarily be responsible for handling field property claims in New Jersey. There will be occasional travel to New York City to support local claim intake.
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. Founded in 1882, with operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Duties include but not limited to:
- Complete onsite inspections of properties to include investigating facts, evaluating damages and writing estimates
- Effectively evaluate contract language and identify coverage issues
- Promptly and appropriately develop the file to provide accurate and timely investigation and loss analysis
- Maintain an active file diary to more file toward resolution
- Recognize and pursue recovery
- Adhere to all statutory and regulatory fair claims practices
- Recognize and identify potential fraudulent claims
- Effectively control the use, work product, and expenses of outside vendors
- Effectively evaluate claim facts and negotiate claim settlements
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external customers
- Successfully contribute to the development and delivery of the team’s goals, objectives and results
- Maintain service and technical expectations to meet best practices standards
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe Operations as needed to include working overtime
- Establish and maintain rapport with business partners including insureds, agents, and underwriters during designated CATs.
- Provide excellent customer service skills to a diverse client base that results in more than satisfied clients