Operations Documentation Specialist (R453857)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.comWhy manufacturing at Stryker?
Are you interested in getting hands-on experience with products that are making an impact on people’s lives? As a member of our manufacturing team, that is exactly what you will do! At Stryker, you will join a team of amazing people who treat each other like family, while working with products that are improving and saving people’s lives. We have an award-winning culture and have been named the #1 Best Workplace in Manufacturing in the U.S. by Fortune for 3 years in a row!
Need another reason to apply? Here are 5 reasons to join our manufacturing team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/5-reasons-to-join-strykers-manufacturing-team
Education/Special Training Required
High School diploma or equivalent certification. Able to read and interpret documents. Ability to write and speak effectively in English. Ability to comprehend policies and procedures in English. Ability to conduct basic arithmetic calculations.
High level of computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
Qualifications/Work Experience Required
2 years of assembly experience in a medical device manufacturing environment preferred. While performing job duties, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Employee may be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Employees working in the clean room are required to wear gown over their street clothes along with hair and shoe covers.
Under general supervisory direction, function as a member of a production team to meet production goals for the assembly of components and/or devices. The role will require reviewing, printing and managing documentation for Lot History Records. Additionally, the role will require data entry into the appropiriate ERP system(s). The job responsibilities require the employee to maintain the quality and integrity of the product at all times.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Reports all equipment and process related problems to area supervisor including events and circumstances which could affect product quality, cost, and employee safety.
- Ability to process or document issues and assists with resolution.
- Actively participate in lean/continuous improvement activities
- Participate in NCR and CAPA investigations as applicable.
- Have computer skills to access, enter data, and potentially pull reports from spreadsheets, ERP, Learning Management Systems, Stryker e-mail and other system systems and programs as needed.
- Review LHR for GDP compliance –enter data into SAP (confirmation and releasing Sub-Assembly), and any future ERP that is implemented.
- Perform Cal and PM checks and documentation.
- Monitor and coordinate build schedules.
- Update lot status data daily.
- Print and manage LHR, labels and forms.
- Monitor 5S and housekeeping requirements.
- Provide engineering support as required
- Document, track and provide summary data for output against standard, rejects and GDP errors.
- Understands and adheres to safety policies and practices to maintain a clean, safe and health conscious work environment.
- Flexibility and willingness to work overtime.
- Responsible for all activities related to document routing, distribution and release to assure that the latest effective copies are available as required.
~Meets attendance requirements.
~ Continually execute “best in class quality” in all products we manufacture.
~ Complies with standard operating procedure requirements.
~ Commitment to meet quality standards by implementing accuracy, effectiveness, and thoroughness.
~ Completes documentation in an accurate and comprehensive manner.
~ Follow written processes and reviewing your own work “Right from Me” to ensure quality standards are achieved.
~Maintains clean room standards according to standard operating procedures.
~ Actively participates in safety programs and 5S support activities.
~Performs duties in a safe manner while adhering to safety policies.
~ Seeks to understand and apply lean principles in work area.
~ Be open to change and challenges.
~ Find new solutions and is a self starter.
~ Models a strong work ethic, high performance achievement, and dedication to team success.
~ Shares information to benefit the team and/or organization.
~ Treats others with respect, listens to them and accepts their input.
~ Encourages, inspires and influences others, creating a positive impact on the team.
~Deals with conflict in a constructive and respectful manner.
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/