AWS DevOps Engineer Solution Specialist (Virtual) (10150)
- Consult with clients on the system design of AWS environments
- Create, implement, and assist in the development of scripts to automate everyday operations
- Maintain multiple (DevOps) environments based on client requirements
- Responsible for the configuration and setup of backups as well as setup automated AWS patching for Windows and Linux platforms
- Support program optimization to work within constructs of an AWS environment
- Assist in system migrations and system upgrades to create and deploy new cloud environments
Our Cloud Engineering team focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of: Cloud Strategy, Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development, Cloud Integration & APIs, Cloud Migration, Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering, and Cloud Managed Services. We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage.
Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients towards a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions and Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
- Completed Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience
- 2 years of experience with cloud technologies AWS or Azure
- Demonstrated experience in Windows Active Directory design and implementation across AWS cloud environments
- Experience with designing and deploying AWS Services like Elastic Compute (EC2), Storages (S3, EBS, EFS, Glacier and AWS Storage Gateway) and RDS
- Demonstrated experience in AWS storage encryption, data at rest, and data in transit
- Hands on knowledge with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment tools and processes
- Assist development teams to build and deploy micro services-based applications in public cloud with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment tools and processes
- MUST have ability to code in Java or serverless, lambda, S3 based web solutions (**No Infrastructure**)
- Must be able to travel up to 20% (while 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Secret Clearance is highly preferable
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- AWS Certification
- Active Security Clearance
- Experience with previous Cloud Migrations
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.