Warehouse Specialist (32597)
The Warehouse Specialist performs a variety of warehousing duties that require an understanding of the establishment's storage plan.
- Perform a variety of warehousing duties that require an understanding of the establishment's storage plan.
- Rearrange and take inventory of stored materials, examines stored materials and reports deterioration and damage.
- Removes material from storage and prepares it for shipment.
- May operate hand or power trucks in performing warehousing duties.
- Verify materials (or merchandise) against receiving documents, notes and reports discrepancies and obvious damages.
- Route materials to prescribed storage locations; stores, stacks or palletizes material in accordance with prescribed storage methods.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Shop environment in which mechanic equipment is operated, is loud and noisy, and some pieces of equipment have exposed moving components, routing lifting up to 45 pounds, regular handling, grasping, kneeling and carrying, and constant use of vision and mental alertness is required.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Six to twelve months job related experience and/or training is required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driveer's license and be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle.
- Position may require travel.
- Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and a government background check.
- Must be able to read, speak and write English.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card (CAC), if required.
- Must be willing to work on shifts, weekends.
- Must have a valid driver's license.