Senior Software Solutions Specialist - DAS Enterprise Risk Management (48386)
- Handles configuration and development activities related to SIEM (Security Information Event Management) and UBA (User Behavior Analytics) cyber security tools
- Coordinates enhancements/maintenance with SIEM/UBA cyber security tools vendor and data providers
- Executes activities including:
- Serve as a knowledgeable expert on IT security/firewalls/security audit logs/malware/Unix and Windows system security events
- Assist with enterprise data integration, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Define and configure enterprise data feeds related to Unix systems and relational databases
- Daily operational monitoring
- Create and maintain small bash/python scripts and java programs
- Create SQL queries for MySQL and Hadoop data stores
- Adherence to Agile SLDC
- Experience with cloud administration is also helpful
- Offers technical guidance to deployment discussions and activities
- Identifies opportunities for improved business processes and application designs
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Exercises judgment and makes decisions in complex situations; makes recommendations on complex issues regarding work within own technical function, project components and tasks. May make recommendations on new processes, tools and services; supports and contributes to development of new products, services or techniques.
- Minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgement. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with limited instruction; may lead medium to large scale projects.
- Individuals will follow best practices and procedures as defined by their community of practice.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS is the engine that helps to drive Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services internally including:
- Cyber security
- Technology support
- Technology & Infrastructure
- Application development and management
- Relationship management group
For more information on ITS, you can visit our dedicated recruitment page at https://usrecruiting.deloitte.com/-its-recruiting-for-experienced-hires.
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools that empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.
- Bachelors degree + 5 years of experience (or an advanced degree) in computer science or related area
- Awareness of architecture standards design and implementation (including strategy, user experience, performance, controls, stability, quality, innovation, and enterprise security requirements)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, multi-tasking and interpersonal skills are required.
- Mentors the development team to expand technical capabilities.
- Travel up to 10% (While 10% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Good knowledge of IT security/firewalls/security audit logs/malware/Unix and Windows system security events
- Experience in working with Hadoop/Relational databases/SQL queries
- Strong analytical skills to understand data and come up with use cases to build security portfolio
- Good communication skills / Advanced technical writing skills
- Knowledge of Java/Python/Bash and Mysql Knowledge of Hadoop is good to have
- Knowledge of UNIX and MySQL is a must
- Experience with SIEM/UBA cyber security tools is helpful