Warehouse Specialist (33793)
Amentum is now hiring Warehouse Specialists. This position is for varying shifts.
- Perform a variety of warehousing duties that require an understanding of the establishment's storage plan.
- Rearrange and take inventory of stored materials, examines stored materials and reports deterioration and damage.
- Removes material from storage and prepares it for shipment.
- May operate hand or power trucks in performing warehousing duties.
- Receives material and verifies materials (or merchandise) against receiving documents, notes and reports discrepancies and obvious damages; route materials to prescribed storage locations; stores, stacks or palletizes material in accordance with prescribed storage methods.
- Kits material IAW build list.
- Inputs data into computer system as required.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical warehouse environment with no unusual hazards, frequent lifting to 20-50 pounds, kneeling, standing, and walking, routinely sitting and constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amenhum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Based on contract requirements and depending on work load, shift work or a rotating shift may be established.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must pass a government background check and pre-employment drug screen.
Warehouse worker experience.