Orthopaedic Surgical Specialist, Brookfield, WI (R457944)
Orthopaedic Surgical Specialist
- Provide effective technical consultative service to customers before, during and after routine surgical cases
- Consistently drive customer and patient satisfaction
- Apply product proficiency by ensuring customers comprehend technical specifications and on-label use of products
- Provide inventory management and invoicing to customers and branch operations
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide surgeons and clinical staff with technical information regarding the use of Stryker products prior to, during and/or after surgical procedures; respond to customer queries and requests.
- Provide consigned and owned inventory management support by delivering, organizing and monitoring inventory of implants and instruments at customer location.
- Attend and support routine primary surgical procedures.
- Confidently identify and troubleshoot product-related problems and/or issues related to a customer’s application of a product.
- Document every incident regarding product performance; assist in preparing reports regarding these product issues according to Company policy and governmental requirements.
- Assist in the return/addition of goods resulting from field service issues, stock adjustments, field actions, and administrative processes according to Company procedures.
- Ensure that products requiring maintenance and/or evaluation are returned to the branch in a timely manner.
- Under the direction of a manager, Sales Rep or Senior Orthopaedic Specialist, provide limited product training to colleagues and/or customers in both one-on-one and in-service settings.
- Help drive sales initiatives by assisting with technology upgrades.
- Interact with various internal stakeholders (e.g., marketing, product development) concerning products and product application.
- Successfully complete initial training/certification program for Orthopaedic Specialists and demonstrate proficiency in products routinely used in specific customer accounts.
- Maintain product/instrumentation knowledge and professional skills through internal training, external seminars and other available means.
- High School diploma. Prefer Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field of study.
- Prefer 2+ years as hospital and/or military surgical technician, nurse or other directly relevant position
- Demonstrated problem solving, communication and teamwork skills, including the ability to drive clear verbal messages regarding technical subjects
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex processes with high detail orientation
- Demonstrated ability to provide accurate, timely and effective customer service
- Demonstrated ability to utilize office systems (Microsoft Office)
- Prefer proficiency in order and inventory management systems
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.