Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology? A system's professional who wants to work in a collaborative environment. As an experienced Senior Software Engineer - Senior Solution Specialist you will have the ability to share new ideas and collaborate on projects as a consultant without the extensive demands of travel. Consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center - we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below ...
Work you'll do
• Provide ongoing support and maintenance for applications, processes and systems as needed.
• Develop solutions following established technical design, application development standards and quality processes in projects.
• Assess the impacts on technical design because of the changes in functional requirements.
• Perform independent code reviews and execute unit tests on modules developed by self and other junior team members on the project.
• Write well-designed, efficient, and testable code.
• Perform detailed reviews on deliverables, providing technical guidance to the team, you'll manage teams, on and offshore and work with client stakeholders.
• Interact with other stakeholders not limited to end-user clients, Project Manager/Scrum Master, Business Analysts, offshore development, testing and other cross-functional teams.
Core Technology Operations practitioners work on the design, delivery, and support of a variety of solutions that help our clients meet business objectives. These solutions range from large scale ground-up custom developed applications, to Cloud-based development and integration services as well as customizing industry sector-focused packages. As a member of this team, you would get opportunities to work on all adjacent area technologies such as user interface/user experience development, integration services, business rules engine solutions, or Cloud-based services.
Senior Software Engineer- Senior Solution Specialist are required to have:
• Experience working with globally distributed technology teams, with strong team leadership experience managing onshore and offshore teams.
• 7+ years' experience in application support including "lights on" support services, development, and customization;
• A solid understanding of the ITIL framework.
• Current hands-on development skills in at least one of the following: 1) Java; 2) .Net
• A strong understanding of the fundamentals of software engineering with the ability to successfully articulate technology concepts to both a business and a technology audience.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Experience working in a multi-vendor environment and with third parties.
• 7+ years' experience with programming and software development, including analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, maintenance, quality assurance, troubleshooting, upgrading software systems.
In addition, a successful Senior Software Engineer- Senior Solution Specialist will have the following preferred background:
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, information technology, computer engineering, engineering, or a related discipline;
• Ability to develop design, test, and deployment documentation;
• Experience with Bot, AI, and ML technologies.
• Ability to quickly learn and deliver on analogous technologies not previously worked on;
• Ability to communicate clearly across project teams.
• Experience in an application support environment which should include working in Cloud (AWS/GCP/Azure).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Travel up to 20% annually (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.