Warehouse Specialist/Driver (33738)
Amentum is currently searching for a Warehouse Specialist / Driver to work in our Pompano Beach, FL.
The Warehouse Specialist / Driver will be responsible to provide overall warehousing and transportation duties to include but not limited to:
- Perform a variety of warehousing duties that require an understanding of the establishment’s storage plan.
- Rearrange and take inventory of stored materials, examines stored materials and reports deterioration and damage. Removes material from storage and prepares it for shipment.
- May operate hand or power trucks in performing warehousing duties.
- Verify materials (or merchandise) against receiving documents, notes and reports discrepancies and obvious damages; route materials to prescribed storage locations; stores, stacks or palletizes material in accordance with prescribed storage methods.
- Loads, off loads, sorts, tags, barcodes, identifies, packages, palletizes, stores, and retrieves seized property.
- Assists with inventory, evaluation of general property.
- Operate company vehicles, rental vehicles, and material handling equipment.
- Select storage location and record selected location on inventory worksheets and/or database.
- Forward appropriate paperwork to supervisor for review.
- Maintains tools, equipment, and facilities to include government furnished property and equipment, and performs general housekeeping in warehouse.
- Assist in remitting, transferring, and releasing property.
- Support sales activities.
- Pick up, transport, and deliver parts, material, equipment, and components to pre-determined destinations.
- Inspects trucks for defects before and after trips. Monitors vehicle during operation and reports maintenance/repair requirements to supervisor. Reports and receives direction via radio or cellular phone.
- Performs daily preventative maintenance adjustments to truck.
- Secures loads being transported to ensure safe and undamaged arrival at destination.
- Assist with loading and unloading of material being transported.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical warehouse environment with no unusual hazards, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 20-60 pounds, kneeling, standing, and walking, routinely sitting and constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/or organizing skills, and musts be able to work under deadlines. Must be able to sit/drive for long periods. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and vibration.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanet Legal Resident
- High school diploma or equivalent training/experience
- 3 years of experience required
- Must have a valid driver's license and/or CDL if applicable.
- Position may require travel
- Must be able to obtain license to use any equipment for which a current license is not held within 30 days of selection.
- Must meet all Federal and State requirements.
- Ability to pass and maintain background check
- Bilingual (Spanish-English) is desired
- CDL for box/straight trucks, Semi tractor-trailers, flatbed trailers, and/or dump trucks and/or walking-floor trailers
- Licensed to operate Raymond sit-down counterbalance forklift, Raymond EASI swing-reach forklift, Raymond "Walkie" pallet jack