Quality Control Specialist 2.1 (33925)
Provides direct support for the continued development, sustainment and maintenance of the companys Quality Management System (QMS). Responsible for the day-to-day Quality Control activities for the Army Prepositioned Stocks 2 (APS-2).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to fulfill each essential duty satisfactorily.
This position will have the authority and organizational freedom necessary to ensure the quality control expectations for this effort are effectively monitored.
Responsible for the coordination, planning, creating, implementing and evaluation of all aspects of the contractors quality control program.
Provides assistance to functional areas as they achieve and sustain ISO 9001 standards.
Is a quality champion by promoting, teaching, and presenting quality as a means for product improvement and efficiency.
Responsible for the individual training of contract employees as necessary.
Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
Responsible for the development and implementation of standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation in conjunction with our customers guidance.
Interfaces with contractors and government representatives to resolve quality-related problems.
Responsible for the contractual and corporate compliance of work performed as it relates to quality.
Other duties that may be assigned to meet company goals and objectives.
Maintain a daily time sheet and daily manning report and ensuring times are accurate.
Qualification & Experience Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- The candidate must possess extensive experience with inspection and evaluation of quality control processes and programs.
- The candidate must possess in-depth expert thorough knowledge of current industry best practices including ISO standards and processes.
- The candidate must have organizational, analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- The candidate must have 2 - 5 years of related experience quality type programs.
- Candidate must be highly familiar with automated systems, processes and methodologies pertaining to property accountability.
- Must possess the ability to prioritize, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and interact at all levels.
- Must possess the ability to work well under pressure and around tight deadlines.
- Must currently have or be able to obtain a US Passport
- Must be a US Citizen
- A valid US Driver’s License is required prior to deployment.
Specialized knowledge and skills
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), and other software programs to assist with special projects.
- 2-3 years experience as a Quality Control Specialist in ISO 9001 organizations preferred
- ISO 9001 Auditor Training Course Certificate is preferred
- Associates degree in a related field is highly desirable but not required.