OnSite Specialist - Baton Rouge, LA (R457744)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.comWhy customer service at Stryker?
Are you interested in making a difference in healthcare by assisting sales reps and building relationships with customers? As a member of our customer services team, that is exactly what you will do! Here, you will be a part of a dynamic and supportive team that provides solutions to our customers in their time of need. Stryker is also consistently listed as a ‘Best Place to Work’ and offers great benefits and perks – like tuition reimbursement and a wellbeing program! (*Benefits vary by country)
Utilizes a wide array of knowledge, technical skills and critical thinking abilities to facilitate job functions during surgical procedures as well as preoperative and postoperative equipment management.
• Provides clinical surgical support by managing all relevant equipment.
• Anticipates related device needs of the O.R. staff and surgeon during surgical procedures.
• Is responsible for trouble-shooting and maintaining Stryker equipment and or other related devices.
• Works with surgeons, O.R. personnel, central processing, biomedical and all other related personnel.
• Maintains knowledge base of equipment and disposable products through Stryker education training programs.
• Provide physicians and OR personnel with information on new and current products.
• Must be able to accurately and honestly record and report data metrics related to all specific job functions on a monthly basis.
• Responsible for maintaining up-to-date account information to ensure continuous high levels of service at the account.
• Accurately records and reports all surgical procedure information.
• Adheres to all Stryker and medical facility policies, standards and procedures. • Must be able to analyze and resolve both routine and non-routine product issues expediently using independent judgment.
• The ability to provide on-call services, as required, by the medical facility.
• Bachelor’s Degree, Associate’s Degree or equivalent certifications preferred.
• Operating Room experience and demonstrated knowledge of anatomy, surgical procedures and techniques preferred.
• Applicable for Specialists working in Sterile Processing Department: IAHCSMM CRCST Certification within 6 months of start date and on time yearly renewal
• Ability to exert up to 50lbs of force occasionally and/or up to 20lbs of force to constantly move objects.
• Ability to remain standing and/or walking for an extended period of time.
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office, strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are essential.
• Excellent time management skills with ability to use independent judgment and critical thinking effectively.
• Must be able to explain and generate detailed guidelines and procedures.
• Maintain professional appearance, work ethic, and attitude required by Stryker and the medical facility.
• Adhere to (HIPAA) and other related patient confidentiality policies and procedures.
• Must have near visual acuity (corrected) color vision, mobility, bending, standing, stooping, and finger dexterity.
• Must be able to observe and correct minute inconsistencies (e.g. in the printed word, product appearance, etc.).
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent equipment problem-solving skills.
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: None
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/