Automation Specialist (33985)
Amentum is seeking an Automation Specialist for the Bluegrass Chemical Agent Destruction Pilot Plant project located in Richmond, Kentucky.
Typical Responsibilities include:
- Perform all work safely and with the utmost concern for the safety of self and other employees
- Perform all work in compliance with environmental permits and regulations
- May be required to work overtime or varying hours to include shift work
- Be at work when scheduled and maintain a good attendance record
- Work in close proximity to and or in a chemical demilitarization facility
- Under limited supervision, conducts work requiring independent evaluation, selection, adaptation, and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Work may include technical responsibility for a major control system phase or functional area of a project. Typically, at this level, there is specialization in a functional area (robotics, conveyors, automated etc.). May occasionally assume lead responsibilities for a team of specialists/engineers and professional support personnel
- Responsible for the analysis, implementation, evaluation, and modification of the system(s) used to control and monitor the processes within the demilitarization facility
- Responsible for providing programming and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) hardware support to the systemization teams during the testing of plant operations of plant equipment
- Implement new control software and modify existing code utilizing approved demilitarization coding procedures
- Perform analysis, evaluation, and modifications to all processes control systems software as required to support systemization testing activities and normal operation
- Ability to communicate with systems engineers and operators to determine process control software functional specifications
- Maintain configuration management and programming documentation in accordance with required project procedures
- Perform troubleshooting of PLC hardware, Input/Output (I/O) racks, and associated control system hardware in upset conditions
- Perform tuning of control loops via the process control software utilizing systems analysis techniques
- Performs corrective maintenance activities applicable to the replacement of PLC I/O cards, PLC output relays, and PLC protective devices
- Ability to communicate to management personnel PLC equipment and/or system upset conditions, and make recommendations for restoring the equipment and/or system to normal operation
- Monitor vendor installation of PLC's and control system to assure technical feasibility and adequacy
- Assist with the preparation and execution of test plans and procedures for the process control system
- Develop and review all standard operating and maintenance procedures associated with the process control system
This position is designated as a chemical duty position and is subject to the requirements of the Chemical Personnel Reliability Program (CPRP). As a condition of employment, candidates and incumbents must favorably complete a personnel security investigation, urinalysis testing, medical exam and respiratory screening, and must meet and maintain personnel suitability and reliability requirements established by Army Regulation 50-6. Chemical duty positions for this position are:
Require routine access to chemical surety materials.
Are authorized to escort visitors to areas containing chemical surety materials.
Control direct access to chemical surety material.
Are operators of equipment that disassembles chemical munitions/containers or handle chemical surety materials during demilitarization operations.
Relocation Assistance Provided
BGCAPP is subject to Army Regulations (AR50-6 Chemical Surety Program and AR190-59 Unescorted Access Program) with govern persons performing work under the Chemical Personnel Reliability Program (CPRP) and unescorted Access Program (UAP). Eligibility to be placed in a CPRP or UAP position requires US citizenship. Employees must favorably complete a series of screenings to include but not limited to: a National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check (NACLC) security investigation, drug/alcohol testing and medical examination.
All employees are subject to and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment for the duration of their assignment. Respiratory screening and the ability to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) may be required for this position. The ability to obtain/maintain access to the Blue Grass Army Depot is required.
- Bachelor degree in electrical engineering or a related field and 1 years’ electrical engineering or automation experience
- Associate degree in electrical engineering or a related field and 4 years’ electrical engineering or automation experience
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent and 8 years’ electrical engineering or automation experience
- Must be a United States or naturalized citizen able to obtain and maintain Blue Grass Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant (BGCAPP) site access
- Must be computer literate in common software applications and able to operate general office equipment
- Must maintain fitness-for-duty standards to perform the essential functions of the position, to include any depot or BGCAPP drill, contingency and/or emergency requirement
- Must be able to solve complex problems and understand the impact of decisions upon the operation of the facility
- Have knowledge and understanding of technical documents, including specifications, drawings, test plans, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and system demonstration procedures
- Possess strong organizational skills with ability to coordinate and prioritize projects, adapting to change as they occur
- Must be detail oriented and possess ability to manage complex and varied projects.
- Must have good communication skills to provide technical assistance, presentations, and/or training to field personnel
- Competent in developing, analyzing, and modifying complex Distributed Control System (DCS), or similar type system, and related Human Machine Interface (HMI) software.
- Experience with Explosive Destruction Technology (EDT) control systems
- Ability to understand logic diagrams
- Knowledge of network systems and related components (routers/switches)
- Education/training in systems programming and analysis