SQL DBA Specialist (56941)
- The SQL team does end to end care of a large-scale enterprise MS SQL Servers
- Help the application teams and developers with requests for anything from new users/roles to standing up an entire new clustered instances that is fully compliant with security standards.
- Actively support our internal IT teams as well as our government clients performing regular maintenance/patching for a wide variety of MS SQL server deployment.
- Work with several on prem and cloud MS SQL Servers that we support.
Deloitte's Government & Public Services practice-our people, ideas, technology, and outcomes-is designed for impact. Our team of over 15,000+ professionals bring fresh perspective to help you anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill your mission promise.
The US Systems Engineering Offering delivers large scale software applications and integrated systems and assists its clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. The practice aims at developing service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems. It would focus on key client issues that impact the core business by delivering operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent education or work experience
- 5+ years of SQL DBA experience
- Extensive experience with various cloud database solution deployment and opensource options, as well as traditional database deployment technologies (MySQL, MSSQL, and MongoDB, etc.)
- Understanding of concepts of "High Availability," such as Always-on, Clustering, Database Mirroring and/or other technologies
- Familiarity or knowledge around Cloud services, Data Analytics and how it relates to RDBMS databases
- Database Performance and Capacity Planning and Migrate our on-premises SQL database to Azure SQL
- Management of Database resources used to deliver client services including production, staging, and QA/test environments
- Management & setup of database security, database backup and archiving strategy
- Import/Export of Data in massive quantities
- Act as subject-matter-expert on Azure SQL new & improved features
Travel up to 20% annually (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.