Lead Specialist, Immigration Advisory (57690)
- Provide data-driven strategic insights to support customized advisory for Business and Talent leadership to enable key decision-making.
- Proactively identify trends, risks, and issues for various cohorts, and provide tailored insights and recommendations to Business and Talent stakeholders, based on analysis of complex data and critical logic gained through deep experience in U.S. business immigration;
- Identify opportunities for improving sophisticated data gathering, analysis, and reporting to develop new insights for Business and Talent stakeholders;
- Assist in development and delivery of key communications to facilitate strategic priorities or projects.
- Serve as POC for strategic business units, engagements and/or Talent groups to ensure continuous visibility on immigration matters that impact service delivery and ensure seamless transition of business units or engagements into standard Talent Immigration program.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and data sources across Talent, Talent Immigration, and vendors to provide specialized, detailed, and customized insights beyond basic reporting capabilities to strategic business units or engagements, and continuously maintain and deliver the information as needed to meet service delivery objectives;
- Customize deliverables with key insights tailored to the specific business units or engagements and assist in developing strategic recommendations on Immigration-related challenges or opportunities.
The Lead Immigration Specialist uses critical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving skills to research and provide customized, strategic advisory to Business and Talent stakeholders. The individual in this role must have strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels. The individual must also be able to work independently and support multiple projects in a high volume, fast-paced environment. Additionally, the individual must be flexible, agile, and able to team and collaborate in a virtual environment.
The Immigration Experience Team is part of the Talent Immigration organization of Deloitte Services LP. This team is responsible for supporting the needs of our foreign national practitioners across all businesses. This includes the development and delivery of communications related to immigration developments and Deloitte's immigration policies and programs, as well as strategic projects to enhance the immigration experience of our foreign national practitioners.
- Minimum 5 years of related professional experience with a minimum 3 years of related immigration experience or minimum 3 years of Deloitte program experience.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, PPT, and Teams is required, SharePoint and SAP experience is preferred