Electrical Engineer - Lithium Ion Specialist (R458983)
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, Stryker is encouraging US employees as well as all new US employees joining our company to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Today or in the future, vaccination may be a requirement based on the essential functions of the specific role or applicable regulations. Please refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements and timelines.Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
It's Time to Join Stryker!Who We Want
- Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Dedicated achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop products.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
- Motivated product launchers. Engineers who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
You will coordinate and/or design, develop, modify and evaluate electrical components, assemblies, or subsystems for electrical and/or electromechanical medical devices under specific time, regulatory and cost constraints. You will support the Product Engineering team by improving the quality, availability and cost of Stryker Instruments products.Technical Responsibilities:
- You will independently design and develop electrical components and sub-systems for medical devices.
- You will develop and apply advanced circuit and electrical system test methods.
- You will conduct or design advanced prototyping and testing.
- You will conduct advanced problem solving, identify potential solutions, and evaluate them against component and sub-system requirements.
- You will conduct and design research and studies to support advanced product design.
- You will translate user needs to design inputs/specifications and produce advanced component and sub-system level designs.
- You will analyze and correct complex product design issues, using independent judgment.
- You will independently balance design tradeoffs while designing a component of the system.
- You will develop tests to prove performance of electrical designs.
- You will advance solutions by applying in-depth knowledge of customer needs, market and competitive offerings.
- You will apply detailed knowledge of clinical procedures to update design inputs.
- You will support Voice of the Customer sessions internally and with clinicians.
Medical Device Compliance:
- You will become proficient with and mentor others in usage of industry standards, including design requirements and test strategies per applicable regulations.
- You will lead the creation and refinement of engineering documentation, such as the Design History file.
- You may follow and mentor others on R&D procedures like design controls and risk management, per the Quality Management System.
- Bachelor's degree in EE or related discipline
- 2+ years of work experience.
What We Would Love That You Have (preferred)
- Advanced understanding of electrical components and manufacturing methods including common failure modes.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and test electrical designs.
- Working knowledge of the electrical design process.
- Proficiency in the use of CAD and/or other circuit design and analysis tools to design.
- Knowledge of standard technologies used in industry.
- Ability to interpret and analyze system drawings with basic Mechanical/Software/Electrical Interactions.
- Knowledge of sub-system, system, and environmental interactions and how to design to them.
- Understands the advanced theory and methods of lithium-ion battery cell and pack construction, design, and manufacturing and can apply them independently.
- Understands the advanced theory and methods of flexible circuit design and manufacturing and can apply them independently.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About Stryker
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com