Mobile Equipment Mechanic (35289)
Amentum is seeking a 2nd 3:00 p.m. 11:00p.m. shift Fork Truck Mechanic to join our facility maintenance team of multi-skilled technicians in Waukesha WI!
- Typical work hours are 2nd shift 3:00 p.m. 11:00p.m. Mon - Fri; hours may vary based on business demand. Weekend work required as needed.
This position is responsible for ensuring that the facility’s material handling equipment (including electric forklifts, electric cards, fork trucks, and floor scrubbing equipment) is repaired and maintained in a timely manner.
- Remove, repair, and replace motors, pumps, drive unit and brake systems.
- Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Changes tires using hydraulic press.
- Use welding equipment.
- Complete daily work logs with detailed information on a timely basis.
- Ensure that work orders and monthly PMs are completed as required.
- Maintain professional and courteous customer relations including client vendor and internal team.
- Complies with all governmental, company, and industrial regulations, codes, and standards, health safety practices, and permit systems.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Three years of experience in the repair and maintenance of fork trucks, material handling equipment or automobiles, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, holidays and alternative work schedules. Work schedules can change based on critical business needs.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required.
Physical / Special Requirements:
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
- Requires the ability to climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs as needed during a workday.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat, kneel, reach/stretch, and move in a 90-degree fashion during workday.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other Amentum, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats, and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Experience in fork truck repair and maintenance.
- Excellent working knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Experience as a team lead
- Ability to perform all types of repairs and preventive maintenance on various lifts and material handling equipment.
- Ability to use welding equipment and diagnostic/calibration equipment safely and effectively.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Associate degree or equivalent trade school program in a related skilled trade.