Heavy Equipment Operator (36554)
Amentum is seeking Heavy Equipment Operators to work on an as-needed casual status basis in East Peoria, IL.
Work schedule may include any shift and any day of the week, based on business demand and weather conditions. Candidates must be flexible. Individuals hired into these positions work on a “casual status” basis, which does not guarantee a minimum number of work hours and provides only limited medical benefits. These positions can lead to full time permanent positions as they become available within the organization.
Qualified applicants must demonstrate ability to operate site-specific equipment during the interview process.
- Proficiently and safely operate excavators, motor graders, wheel loaders, and track type tractors
- Perform Endurance Testing and/or earthmoving projects using detailed instructions
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship/work authorization
- Three years of experience operating heavy equipment.
Must demonstrate ability to operate site-specific equipment during the interview process.
- Must have ability to obtain security badge at client facility
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the ability/flexibility to repetitively bend/stoop, squat, kneel, stretch/reach, move in a 90-degree fashion for shift.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Ability to interpret drawings and use GPS, UTS, and AccuGrade Machine Control Systems proficiently.
- Ability to utilize current equipment controls.
- Experience working under a structured safety program.
- Experience with OSHA guidelines with a strong understanding and compliance for all machine families regarding ditch depth and back sloping.
- Experience in truck loading with 90 and 180 degree swing.
- Experience in cutting a back slope, side slope and V ditch.
- Experience in identifying and understanding the difference between crown and sheet drainage on road projects.