Procurement Engineer 3/ Commercial Grade Dedication Specialist 3 (36733)
Amentum is seeking a highly motivated, team oriented engineer to perform Commercial Grade Dedication work in support of Procurement Engineering at a DOE facility.
Purpose and Scope
Support engineering field work at DOE facilities.
- identify critical characteristics of items, materials, equipment, or software that provide reasonable assurance that Commercial Grade Items, materials, equipment, or software will perform their intended safety function for verification and acceptability during Receipt Inspection by the customer or Amentum
- Prepare CGD packages in accordance with applicable customer and/or Amentum procedures, NQA-1 requirements, and guidance provided in EPRI NP-5652 as directed by customer or company procurement processes.
- Perform Failure, Modes, Effect Analyses (FEMAs) as they related to development of critical characteristics.
- Interface with other Amentum or customer engineering, operations, and maintenance groups.
- Process Material Service Requests (MSR).
- Work with peers on CGD process improvement opportunities.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
• BS Degree in Engineering and at least 5 years DOE, DOD or NRC nuclear CGD and Procurement experience.
• Experience and knowledge with: NQA-1 2008 and later revision CGD requirements; 10CFR830; DOE, DOD and/or NRC Procurement and CGD requirements and guidelines.
• Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen only. Dual Citizenship will not be accepted for this position.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test and background
DOE or commercial engineering experience preferred