Emergency Preparedness Compliance Specialist (37084)
Nuclear Waste Partnership, an LLC of Amentum, managing and operating contractor of the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) is currently seeking a qualified individual to serve as an Emergency Preparedness Compliance Specialist to join our Emergency Preparedness team located in Carlsbad, NM.
The Emergency Preparedness Compliance Specialist is responsible for implementing and maintaining a program that ensures the essential elements used to protect WIPP interests with regard to the Emergency Services (Fire Department) meet established requirements for reliability, operability, readiness, and performance prior to and during operational use. The Emergency Preparedness Compliance Specialist will also assist with the Emergency Management and Protective Forces assessments as needed. Conduct formal self-assessments at intervals consistent with DOE direction and risk management principles. Corrective action plans must be developed for all open self-assessment and survey findings. Conduct trending analysis of deficiencies if systemic and systematic causal factors underlie multiple self-assessment findings and ensure the associated corrective action plans address these causal findings. Key interface with external auditor during surveys and surveillances. Responsible for documenting issues requiring corrective action and tracking until resolved. When unsatisfactory results of a test indicate that the health and safety of facility/site employees or the public is jeopardized, immediate compensatory measures must be taken until the issue is resolved, and normal reporting procedures must be followed. Implement corrective actions for issues identified in self-assessments and surveys in a timely and effective manner, and validate the effectiveness of corrective actions to prevent recurrence of the issues. WIPP system must be used to track these deficiencies and associated corrective actions until closed. Ensuring all findings and corrective action plans from assessments are entered into the NWP Issues Management System (IMS) for tracking until corrective actions are complete.
NWP Exempt Salary Grade (30-32)
- Bachelor’s Degree with three (3) years of related experience, or
- Associate’s Degree with five (5) years of related experience, or
- High School Diploma with eight (8) years related experience is required.
- Must be familiar with and able to assess the Emergency Services program implementation of fire and emergency medical response, Mine Rescue, HAZMAT Response, Technical Rescue, Incident Command System, and Pre-Incident Planning.
- Firefighter I & II qualification and NM Emergency Medical Technician and able to backfill and maintain qualifications for firefighter or EMT role as necessary.
- Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be US Citizens.
- HAZMAT Operation and Awareness, Security Operation and/or Emergency Operations, DOE or NRC regulated experience at a site or facility and/or previous assessment experience is preferred.
- Previous WIPP Project experience is a plus.