Auto Claim Specialist (343079)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
- Analyze first reports and promptly contact insured/claimants.
- Effectively evaluate contract language and identify coverage issues.
- Promptly and appropriately develop the file to provide accurate and timely investigation and loss analysis.
- Maintain an active file diary to move file toward resolution.
- Establish accurate and timely reserves.
- Recognize and pursue recovery.
- Adhere to all statutory and regulatory fair claims practices.
- Recognize and identify potential fraudulent claims.
- Effectively manage the use, work product and expenses of outside vendors.
- Effectively evaluate claim facts and negotiate claim settlements.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serve as a technical resource to lesser experienced Adjusters on the team.
- Successfully contribute to the development and delivery of the team’s goals, objectives and results.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe Operations as needed to include working overtime during designated CATs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Full knowledge of insurance contracts, investigation techniques, legal requirements and insurance regulations.
- Ability to work effectively in teams and with a wide variety of people.
- An aptitude for evaluating, analyzing, and interpreting information.
- Excellent skills in the areas of:
- Customer service
- Investigation techniques
- Time management and the ability to multi-task
- Verbal and written communication
- Negotiation and reserving
- Innovative thinking
- Current Claims Adjuster licenses in one or more states preferred but must be willing to obtain additional state licensures.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum two years of claims adjusting experience required.
Chubb prides itself on the ability to provide all employees with an extraordinary work environment which promotes teamwork, diversity and incentives for those who exceed expectations. Chubb has been recognized as one of the top 50 companies for diversity by Diversity Inc. magazine, one of America's most admired companies by Forbes, and one of the top 100 companies to work for by Fortune.
Chubb's compensation and benefit plans work together to create a Total Rewards Program for our employees that is among the best in our industry. As a global organization, we work hard to achieve our goal of providing flexible and competitive compensation and benefits packages in each local market in which we operate. Our goal is to exceed average market practices for our performers. For more information about Chubb and our benefits, visit our website at www.chubb.com.