Regulatory Specialist (343466)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
As a member of Chubb’s Producer Services team, the Regulatory Specialist will prepare, maintain and track producer agreements and amendments. This role will ensure departmental processes and activities align with applicable regulations, policies and procedures. The incumbent will compile well documented work processes to create accurate and concise written reports and will interact with members of our field and legal teams.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Receives requests from licensing specialist and prepares the agreements and amendments. Works with legal on changes to documents that are proposed by the producer
- Pays annual/bi-annual renewals and monthly/quarterly state invoices. Payments will be completed via a variety of systems
- Reviews reports and resolves the appointment issues for registered policies
- Performs audits of state renewals and resolves issues. Audits data in sytems to ensure accuracy. Audits rejections involving appointment/appointment terminations to resolve issues and/or involves specialist when information is needed
- Provides documentation to assist in Market Conduct Exam responses
- Responsible for extracting data for the tax department
- Stays abreast of the rules and regulations regarding appointments/appointment terminations. When a change is detected, communicates changes to Producer Services team so all necessary changes can be done in the appropriate sytems and engages IT as needed
- Prepares monthly reports for appointments and appointment terminations, fees and newly onboarded producers using a variety of systems
- Prepares and maintains workflow documentation across the department for training and consistency
- Provides support for Appointments and Appointment Terminations and Onboarding
- Works on special projects when needed
- Data entry skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience in client service environment solving complex problems
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Excel and Word experience
- Insurance background desired but not required
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.