Specialist, AWS Developer (88764)
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
Pursuant to the Government of Canada’s mandate that all federally regulated employers require their employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, CP requires all prospective employees to confirm their vaccination status as part of the hiring process and as a condition of continued employment.
- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Job Grade: [[jobGrade]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The IS team provides cloud development for multiple solutions across CP. The cloud team is responsible for helping application teams across CP with cloud (AWS and Azure) solutions including real-time data processing, on premise integrations, custom web applications, chat bots, and EC2-hosted applications. The cloud team is responsible for designing, developing, and supporting cloud solutions that provide both integrations to on premise IS applications and applications directly for use by end-users at CP. This role will be responsible for working with Solution Architects, Business Analysts, and other members of the business to develop, deliver, and support cloud solutions primarily using serverless components. This position will have a focus on AWS, but will be expected to do some work in Azure.
- Responsible for maintaining and supporting the application and related data processes in a production environment;
- Develops applications following standards set by and for the team, including promotion standards, naming standards, integrations standards, documentation standards, and code repository standards;
- Responsible for monitoring usage to reduce cloud costs;
- Collaborates closely with project teams, including Business Analysts, Solution Architects, Project Managers, Application Developers, and Developers;
- Collaborates closely with operational teams, including DBAs, Service Operations Center, BI developers, and SAP developers;
- Collaborates with other members of the cloud team to provide and receive peer reviews of all cloud production deployments;
- Collaborates with solution architects and other developers to recommend best-practices approach to cloud service use, development, deployment, and production monitoring;
- Sustainment responsibilities can include: Immediate incident resolution of application problems, performance problems, and integration problems;
- Incident follow-up with root cause analysis;
- Provides maintenance, as required, for all cloud services;
- Provides 24/7 on call support in rotation for cloud support;
- Understands the importance of secure data and maintains the confidentiality of CP data;
- Maintains an awareness of upcoming trends cloud computing and serverless development.
MUST-HAVES (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS)
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in AWS development;
- Experience with core AWS services, especially Lambda;
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as CloudWatch;
- Knowledge of writing infrastructure as code (IaC) using CloudFormation or CDK;
- Strong Python development skills;
- Strong notions of cloud security best practices including least-privileges model.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work under indirect supervision;
- Comfortable defining logic from written architectural and business requirements documents;
- Previous exposure to large-scale systems design.
- Experience with AWS development environments, including: CDK, CLI, Amplify;
- Experience with multiple AWS IaaS components, including: VPCs, Security Groups, ELBs, EBS, EC2;
- Experience with database technologies, including: Oracle, SQL Server, NoSQL;
- Experience designing and developing data reporting structures in data warehouses and data lakes;
- Experience implementing applications using CI/CD stacks.
- Knowledge of implementation and on premise integration using APIs, Queues, FTP, and other integration software;
- Experience with system architecture or leading a software team is a strong advantage
- Knowledge of other public cloud environments (Azure);
- Knowledge of the Railway business.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").