Specialist, Linux Systems - Winnipeg (88126)
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
Pursuant to the Government of Canada’s mandate that all federally regulated employers require their employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, CP requires all prospective employees to confirm their vaccination status as part of the hiring process and as a condition of continued employment.
- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Individuals are responsible for Linux operational support, troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrades and expansion, on-call rotation. In addition they will provide support to provisioning/operational staff, as well as work closely with the architecture group in design support and validation of new designs and installations.
- Oversee and Manage operations of a vast install of Linux (SuSE/RHEL) servers on virtualized infrastructure (VMware and AWS);
- Provide support for AWS technologies (EC2, EBS, VPC & AWS Systems Manager);
- Provide direction and advice pertaining to design and configuration of CI;
- Provide support assistance to operational groups utilizing CI;
- Provide direction and advice pertaining to capacity planning;
- Provide direction and support to ensure CI remains flexible and capable of fulfilling future directions;
- Provide direction and advice pertaining to future CI installations and design;
- Provide direction to automate and orchestrate the future use of CI.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience;
10 to 15 years Infrastructure experience;
1 to 3 years Converged Infrastructure experience with specialization in two of the three base technologies (Compute, Storage or Networking);
Knowledge in the following:
- SuSE Enterprise Linux Server;
- RedHat Linux Enterprise Server;
- HA Clustering Technologies (Pacemaker, Corosync);
- SAP Clustering experience;
- Virtualization Technologies using VMware;
- Shell scripting (bash/ksh);
- Python experience an asset;
- Redhat Satellite;
- SuSE Manager;
- YAML / JSON;
- Storage Technologies using Dell/EMC and Netapp;
- Dell/EMC and Netapp replication technologies;
- Protocols including CIFS, NFS, iSCSI, FC;
- Network Technologies using Cisco;
- TCP/IP, DNS, Routing Protocols, Switching;
- Unified Computing System;
- Strong Communications Skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to work independently to achieve goals;
- Ability to work as part of a strong technical delivery team to delivery computing needs.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").