Regulatory Assurance Senior Specialist (37443)
Nuclear Waste Partnership, an LLC of Amentum, managing and operating contractor of the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) is currently seeking a qualified individual to serve as a Regulatory Assurance Senior Specialist to join our Contractor Assurance team located in Carlsbad, NM.
The successful candidate will report to the Regulatory Assurance (RA) Manager within the Contractor Assurance (CAS) Department. Primary Responsibilities will be:
- Regulatory Reporting Program Lead - Applies technical and facility expertise in implementing and maintaining the Regulatory Reporting program. This includes screening, trending, and tracking noncompliant conditions and keeping the RA Manager appraised of potential programmatic weaknesses in NWP Safety and Security programs or their implementation. These duties also include coordinating the implementation of the occurrence reporting program, including: serving as NWP’s Occurrence Reporting and Processing System (ORPS) Coordinator, screening issues for ORPS applicability, developing and facilitating approval of ORPS reports, and maintaining documents, logs, databases, and records for associated processes.
- IVR Program Lead – Applies technical and facility expertise in implementing and maintaining the Safety Basis Implementation Verification Review program. This includes planning, scheduling and coordinating the conduct of the reviews as well as maintaining the program documents and records. These duties also include acting as the primary point-of-contact for integration with NWP Nuclear Safety, Operations, Maintenance, and other organizations; as well as, staying knowledgeable of pending safety basis changes and related schedules.
In addition, the RA Senior Specialist may be assigned additional responsibilities in one or more of the following areas:
- External Oversight Coordination
- Requirements Management
- CAS Support
NWP Exempt Salary Grade (34 – 36)
- Bachelor’s degree with fifteen (15) years of related experience, or
- Associate’s degree with nineteen (19) years of related experience, or
- High School Diploma or GED plus twenty-three (23) years of related experience is required.
- Must have demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills, as well as demonstrated verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with standard business software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat) is mandatory.
- Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be US Citizens.
- Familiarity with WIPP processes, facilities, and organizational structure is desired.
- The ideal candidate will have experience interfacing with DOE/CBFO as well as knowledge of DOE Order 232.2A, Occurrence Reporting and Processing of Operations Information.
- Technical writing experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with the general requirements for worker or nuclear safety, emergency management, RADCON, facility management, etc. is preferred.
- Familiarity with WIPP Safety Basis documents and implementation processes is sought.
- Experience performing assessments or program reviews is desired.
- Previous WIPP Project experience is a plus.