OnSite Specialist - Chicago, IL (R465241)
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, Stryker is encouraging US employees as well as all new US employees joining our company to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Today or in the future, vaccination may be a requirement based on the essential functions of the specific role or applicable regulations. Please refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements and timelines.Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Why customer service at Stryker?
Are you interested in making a difference in healthcare by assisting sales reps and building relationships with customers? As a member of our customer services team, that is exactly what you will do! Here, you will be a part of a dynamic and supportive team that provides solutions to our customers in their time of need.
- Manage and care for Customer’s equipment within the Sterile Processing Department (SPD) and Operating Room support
- Perform the cleaning, maintenance, and assembly of reusable surgical instrumentation and equipment.
- Ensure surgeon’s equipment is clean, sterile, functioning properly, and ready for the next case.
- Perform job functions while adhering to all industry and facility-specific standards and safety protocols.
- Understand the unique challenges faced by caregivers to ensure that hospital staff can focus on patient care.
- Provides clinical surgical support by managing all relevant equipment.
- Anticipates related device needs of the O.R. staff and surgeon during surgical procedures.
- Is responsible for trouble-shooting and maintaining Stryker equipment and or other related devices.
- Works with surgeons, O.R. personnel, central processing, biomedical and all other related personnel.
- Maintains knowledge base of equipment and disposable products through Stryker education training programs.
- Provide physicians and OR personnel with information on new and current products.
- Accurately records and reports all surgical procedure information.
- Adheres to all Stryker and medical facility policies, standards and procedures.
- Must be able to analyze and resolve both routine and non-routine product issues expediently using independent judgment.
- The ability to provide on-call services, as required, by the medical facility.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent certifications required, Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- SPD experience highly preferred. IAHCSMM certification ideal or IAHCSMM CRCST Certification within 6 months of start date and on time yearly renewal.
- Operating Room experience and demonstrated knowledge of anatomy, surgical procedures and techniques highly preferred.
- Experience and demonstrated success working on a team highly preferred.
- Ability to exert up to 50lbs of force occasionally and/or up to 20lbs of force to constantly move objects.
- Ability to remain standing and/or walking for an extended period of time.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office, strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are essential.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to use independent judgment and critical thinking effectively. Must be able to explain and generate detailed guidelines and procedures.
- Maintain professional appearance, work ethic, and attitude required by Stryker and the medical facility.
- Adhere to (HIPPA) and other related patient confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Must have near visual acuity (corrected) color vision, mobility, bending, standing, stooping, and finger dexterity.
- Must be able to observe and correct minute inconsistencies (e.g. in the printed word, product appearance, etc.).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About Stryker
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com