Equipment Breakdown Risk Engineer (343642)
Equipment Breakdown Risk Engineer:
We are currently seeking applicants for an Equipment Breakdown Risk Engineer (EBRE) for the New Jersey Retail Branch, located in Basking Ridge, NJ. The EBRE professional operates within the Risk Engineering Services department and is considered an integral component of the valued added services that we provide for our commercial insurance policy holders.
The position will report to the New Jersey Branch Risk Engineering Manager and directly support to our New Jersey territory.
The primary focus of this position is to perform risk evaluations, evaluate exposures and controls, develop meaningful loss estimates, and communicate findings to business partners. Responsibilities include the application of critical thinking to determine the adequacy of controls, the likelihood of loss, the magnitude of loss, and the overall insurability. The individual will conduct boiler and pressure vessel inspections in accordance with jurisdictional rules by performing thorough examinations, identifying hazardous conditions, applying appropriate codes and standards, recommending corrective action, and submitting required reports. The individual will communicate to customers how these recommendations impact their business and appropriate courses of action.
The Equipment Breakdown Risk Engineer will also perform claims investigations which include evaluating the elements of the accident, extent of damage, damage verification, invoice review, and cause of loss. The individual provides risk improvement services to customers, including identifying exposures with significant loss potential, investigation of losses and evaluation of preventative maintenance management programs. Written reports will include evaluations of machinery breakdown and business interruption exposures, which will assist underwriters in evaluating risks and assigning proper premium for the exposure.
Additional EBRE responsibilities include:
- Development of risk improvement reports, recommendations and other risk assessment documentation.
- Building and maintaining productive relationships with underwriting and service teams assigned to support the business, with the agent, claims, and clients
- Managing workload within an assigned territory
- Taking ownership of the territory and effectively prioritize, plan, and schedule work
- Utilizing technology resources for maximum efficiency
- Responding to customer requests in a timely and professional manner
- Ability to deliver timely, quality service and products to internal and external customers