MATERIEL EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN ( 588287-1A )
What you’ll be doing…
Our people are our most valuable asset, but our equipment is pretty important too!You’ll use your telecommunications know-how to install and maintain Verizon’s equipment in company buildings and remote locations.You’ll be hands-on in making sure we provide unparalleled service to our customers.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other.Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment.Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that.Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness.Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Erecting, constructing and removing facilities, cable and equipment.
- Performing cable and wiring operations within buildings and on racks.
- Performing test functions.
- Analyzing and interpreting mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Working with both AC and DC electric power cables.
- Climbing ladders, working aloft, perceiving differences in wire and cable colors, and moving/lifting items up to 60 lbs.
- Working evenings, weekends, holidays and unscheduled shifts as determined by the needs of the business.
In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite at a defined location.
What we’re looking for…
You know telecommunications technology and are anxious to put your knowledge and skills to work on America’s fastest and most reliable network. You like to be busy and well-organized to stay on top of things. You know that the whole team needs to work together to win—and you take pride in a job well done.
You’ll need to have:
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
- A related Associate Degree or 2 or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Possession of any technical license.
Initial Work Tour: Monday thru Friday 7:30am-4:30pm (some weekends may be required)
Verizon Job Fit Test B
Materiel Equipment Technician
Test PreviewTest Previews
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).