Recovery Claim Specialist (343789)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
· Manage inventory of first party referrals in Property lines of business for recovery and litigation.
· Promptly conduct and/or direct investigation of all aspects of the recovery claim.
· Collaborate with and direct counsel when appropriate to increase efficiencies and maximize recoveries.
· Responsible for the investigation, evaluation, and disposition of Subrogation claims assigned to counsel. Monitor counsel files and foster negotiations and settlement of claims within granted authority.
· Formulate litigation and recovery strategies with counsel and collaborate consistently throughout the subrogation process.
· Maintain an active and well documented diary as well as a favorable and productive file inventory in multiple claim systems.
· Efficiently utilize the Litigation Management Program to control the subrogation litigation inventory.
· Independent handling of routine and complex cases under general direction with established policies, procedures, financial autonomy and precedents.
· Effectively control the use, quality and expense of outside vendors and develop techniques to increase efficiencies of litigation in your cases and to limit expense costs without impacting optimal case results.
· Adhere to all statutory and Unfair Claims Practice Acts.
· Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with all external and internal customers.
· Effectively manage and handle cases from inception through settlement or litigation to maximize recoveries in the shortest period of time
· Provide exceptional customer experience to our agents and policy holders
· Maintain a reporting system to track recovery dollars and expenses.
· Identify cases to move to Interco Arbitration Forums and effectively write contentions with strong arguments when filing Arbitrations