Life Safety Systems Specialist (38549)
Amentum is seeking a Life Safety Systems Specialist to join our Operations & Maintenance team.
The Life Safety Systems Specialist is responsible for providing an advanced level expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance on the facility systems in a large industrial environment including clean rooms. Must be self motivated and demonstrate the strong organizational/time management skills needed to be successful in this role.
Must have the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot industrial facility equipment and systems
Perform all aspects of preventive and corrective electrical / mechanical maintenance on all facility related
The Life Safety Systems Specialist must have the ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures. General maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Conducting Building Testing and inspections.
- Assessing Fire Suppression Systems.
- Fire Extinguisher Training,
- Perform NFPA 20 and 25 Requirements.
- Maintain regulator records.
- Performance routine inspections of fire protecting system.s
- Perform routine inspections and maintenance on apparatus, equipment, grounds and stations as
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job
hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Conduct preventive maintenance inspections and perform required preventative maintenance
actions such as lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, alignments, etc.
- Performs preventive maintenance on process/production equipment as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Troubleshoots and repairs.
- Safely operates fork-lifts, hoists and cranes.
- Utilizes safe rigging and lifting techniques.
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring
compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment yet demonstrates flexibility
in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Seven years of job-related experience or equivalent.
- Ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- May require additional licensing per state regulation.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment background check and drug test.
- This position may require a valid state driver’s license.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
- Requires the ability to climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs as needed during a
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat, kneel, reach/stretch, and move in a 90-degree fashion during
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data
bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other Amentum, customer
and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions,
meetings and presentations.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats, and other Personal Protective Equipment as
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that
acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends. Work schedules can change based on critical business needs.
- Experience working in a CMMS environment.
- Experience in leading or supervising a team of maintenance personnel.