Workday HRIS Specialist ( 590000-1E )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon has just initiated an HCM Transformation project. This is a multi-year project to move Verizon’s customized PeopleSoft HR and Payroll process to Workday HCM Cloud. During this conversion we will look to redesign and simplify our HR, payroll and benefit file processes, leverage the mobile capabilities delivered with Workday, as well as increasing our data analytics capabilities through deploying dashboards directly to the management population. One of the main objectives of this project is the user experience and enabling our employees the flexibility to manage their own account.
You will be accountable for running benefit related reports for all of Verizon groups and will need to exercise considerable judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining high quality results and needs to produce an exceptionally high volume of benefit related reports with speed and accuracy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Analyzing savings, pension, and health and welfare data to ensure the data is consistent and correct during the transfer to and from outside vendors.
- Acting as the Verizon contact for all benefit data and savings plan issues.
- Developing functional / scope requirements for new benefit projects.
- Ensuring that the resolution process for benefit data errors and savings plan inconsistencies are facilitated across functional teams.
- Benefits data supporting mergers, acquisitions, and system upgrades.
- Developing the overall Workday test strategy for the Benefit group.
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager. This position will allow you to work from your current location.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Workday experience.
- Experience writing SQL.
- A willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one of more of the following:
- A degree.
- Six or more years working knowledge of systems and data flows.
- Functional Workday experience with HCM/Payroll/Benefits Workday applications.
- PeopleSoft experience.
- Experience in complex Benefits data requests.
- Experience working with large benefit providers.
- Data analysis skills.
- Experience in process design and system configuration.
- Proficiency with G Suite by Google and Microsoft Office.
- Experience of at least one full lifecycle implementation with Workday HCM/Payroll/Benefit Cloud.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).