Senior Provider Enrollment Specialist - Telecommute in Boston, MA (99092140)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
There are changes happening in health care that go beyond the basics we hear in the news. People like you and organizations like UnitedHealth Group are driving ever higher levels of sophistication in how provider networks are formed and operate. The goal is to improve quality of service while exploring new ways to manage costs. Here's where you come in. You'll use your strong customer service orientation and knowledge of insurance claims to serve as an advocate for providers in our networks. As you do, you'll discover the impact you want and the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
If you are located within commutable distance from Boston, MA, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assists in end-to-end provider enrollment
- Ensures accuracy of provider enrollment
- Conducts face to face site visits with providers
- Coaches and provides guidance to providers and cross functional peers
- Assists in developing system enhancements
- Develops positive relationships between the health plan and providers
- Helps implement training and development for providers and internal staff
- Processes provider updates to ensure data integrity
- Conducts revalidation of provider enrollment
- Identifies gaps in network composition and services to assist network contracting and development teams
In this role, you'll be part of a performance driven, fast-paced organization that serves Massachusetts Medicaid Program. You'll have frequent interactions with senior management and the client.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma (or will consider additional 2+ years provider relations/enrollment/credentialing experience)
- 5+ years of health care/managed care provider relations/enrollment/credentialing experience
- Experience with Medicare and Medicaid regulations
- Intermediate level of proficiency in enrollment/credentialing and issue resolution
- Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Undergraduate degree
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
The health system is moving ahead. You can too as you help us build new levels of provider network performance.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Provider Enrollment Specialist, Boston, MA, Massachusetts, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote