Industrial Automated Machinery Technical Writer (29518)
The Technical Writer will produce high-quality documentation (work instructions, forms, operating and maintenance manuals) , photography and video that provides instruction on maintenance, usability and safety. He/She will work collaboratively with Industrial Engineers, Quality Engineers, Safety Coordinators and Trainers to produce easily understood content to support the safe and efficient manufacturing processes for all employees.
· Entry level Technical Associates Degree and 0-2 years’ experience or High School Diploma and 2-4 years technical experience
· Mid-level : Technical Associates Degree and 3-5 years’ experience or High School Diploma and 5-7 years’ experience
· Senior level: Technical Associates Degree and 7+ years’ experience or High School Diploma and 10+ years’ experience
· Compile data and writes or revises text for informative, instructional or user documentation, electronic database publications, media guides or similar materials of a technical nature. (example of documentation would be work instruction for manufacturing, operating and maintenance manuals for equipment, forms and check lists)
• Ensure that published content is accurate and maximizes usability for the target audience.
• Proofread and modify existing documentation to ensure that the document is clear and consistent with formatting guidelines.
• Collect and interpret input from Engineering, Safety and Training.
· Research operations, troubleshooting, safety and maintenance procedures, including gathering and sorting source and background materials; consults with appropriate stakeholders to clarify application of source materials.
• Plan layout of work, arranging sequence of topics and placement of graphics as applicable.
• Manage content and documentation as well as versioning procedures, including document archiving processes.
• Report document flow status to departmental managers and directors.
• Ensure that documents, content or media are being reviewed and progressing through the workflow process.
• Electronically post or upload publications.
· Work with Master Trainer and Departmental Trainers to implement documentation as source content of hands-on training for manufacturing employees.
• Collaborate with Engineering, Safety and Training to ensure content is current.
• Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
Do you love helping others? Are you a problem-solver who likes to find creative solutions to help others? Do you want to take that creativity and work for a World-Class organization?
Then apply today to our Human Resources Team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Be part of an innovative team that influences and develops HR strategies that move the business forward, drive business results and contribute to the overall advancement of our entire organization
Who Are We?
·We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits!
·We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
·Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
·Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
·Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.